Federal Bureau of Prisons
Aliceville, AL; Berlin, NH; Yazoo City, MS
The Federal Bureau of Prisons required a “heavy-duty” electric water cooler that would be resistant to vandalism, and would also be durable enough to withstand decades of punishment, and still perform reliably. The goal was to have a dual-bowl fixture, one bowl with a traditional bubbler head serving chilled water, the other side would have a goose-neck glass filler that dispensed hot water for tea, coffee, and soup.
In collaboration with the Federal Bureau of Prisons’ engineers, Filtrine designed a custom electric water cooler, the INDESTRUCT;™ Model WCS-20-LTW, that addressed all of their security concerns, including:
- Hot water filler welded to deck with “Soft Touch” push button valve
- Cold water bubbler welded to deck with “Soft Touch” push button valve
- Access panel secured with tamperproof screws
- 16 ga stainless steel cabinet
- 16 ga stainless steel bowl and drain
- 1/4” steel mounting plate bolted on-wall with 3/8” steel support arms
- Two 6’ cords with 3-prong plugs that plug into wall outlet behind unit and mount cooler for security
Subsequently, the INDESTRUCT Model WCS-20-LTW was approved by the Federal Bureau of Prisons and has been installed in three of the Federal Correctional Institutions since 2008.
Filtrine Equipment Used
INDESTRUCT Model WCS-20-LTW
For more information on tamper-resistant or Federal Bureau of Prison approved drinking water equipment, please fill out the contact form or call your local representative.