The Tig Welder is responsible for welding parts in many different directions, including flat, curved, horizontal and vertical while maintaining a safe, organized and tidy environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow blueprints to arrange metal pieces and tack them for welding
- Cut or join together metal pieces using manual or semi-automatic welding machines.
- Safely set up and operate welding machines and other shop equipment.
- Assists in other areas of the production floor as necessary
- Follows all safety guidelines
Skills and Knowledge:
- Communication skills sufficient to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors.
- Possess the ability to follow directions and identify potential problems.
- Must be a team player as well as having the ability to work independently.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to deal with stress in fast paced environment.
Full-Time: Monday thru Friday; 7 AM to 3:30 PM
Physical Demands: • Visual acuity (may be corrected) to read directions and perform job duty requirements to meet specifications. • Ability to stand up to 100% of the time, walking, bending, squatting, kneeling, using hand to fingers, reaching with hands and arms. This position requires frequent lifting, pushing and pulling objects that are 10 lbs or heavier. Environment: • While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently exposed to bright lights, hot metal, fumes, metal shards and airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the environment can be loud.
Desired Skills | Accomplishments
3-5+ years of experience preferred operating the machinery described above. Resumes may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, however applications must still be filled out in person at Filtrine's office on 15 Kit St., Keene, NH.