The Test-Room Mechanic tests the chilling machines to ensure Filtrine’s quality standards are met prior to shipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform testing by evacuating chilling systems and then charging them to test for leaks and proper working order.
- Fix small system leaks by soldering or brazing.
- Troubleshoot issue with electrical and cooling systems.
- Assists in other areas of the production floor as necessary.
- Follows all safety guidelines.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to plumb all types of piping.
- HVAC, refrigeration and basic electrical and control knowledge required.
- Possess the ability to follow directions and identify and troubleshoot potential problems.
- Must be a team player as well as having the ability to work independently.
- Communication skills sufficient to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors.
- PLC programming knowledge preferred.
Full-Time: Monday thru Friday; 2 PM to 10:30 PM
Physical demands: • Visual acuity (may be corrected) to read directions and prints and to inspect parts closely to ensure that they meet specifications. • Ability to stand, bend, and kneel 100% of the time. This position requires frequent walking, using hand to fingers, reaching with hands and arms, lifting, pushing and pulling objects that are 20 lbs or heavier. Environment: • While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently exposed to high heat, fumes, hot metal, metal shards and airborne particles. • The noise level in the environment can be loud.
Desired Skills | Accomplishments
3-5+ years of experience preferred operating the machinery described above. Resume's may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, however, applications must still be filled out in person at Filtrine's office on 15 Kit St., Keene, NH.