The Product Engineer is responsible for the design and development of new products and product enhancements managing several product engineering projects from conception through production release.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide project support on a variety of complex projects.
- Serve as technical resource for new product development and manage engineering documentation such as design/detail drawings, bills of materials, product cost, instruction manuals, technical data for specification sheets, certification design requirements, product testing process and test data analysis.
- Determining applicability of existing products to meet customers’ specifications.
- Develop submittal and construction documents needed to verify and fulfill customers’ orders.
- Develop optimized product concepts and product enhancements by determining functionality, performance, product cost and produce-ability.
- Serve as the lead member of a design team taking products from concept into production.
- Recommend changes and enhancements to procedures, protocols and processes.
- Responsible for all design related activities on specific projects including print dimensions/specification, product testing/validation, and definition of new testing equipment needs.
- Manage several concurrent product engineering projects through prototype development and production release in a multi-project environment.
- Organize BOM for prototype build, and conduct (or supervise) prototype build.
- Develop test plans to validate new design ideas, conduct testing and Design of Experiments
- Define the test equipment requirements and generate test work instructions.
- Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Sheet metal fabrication experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of thermodynamics and of metal materials and properties such as stainless steel, galvanized steel, and copper required.
- Strong influence leadership skills essential in order to work with cross functional project team members who don’t have a direct reporting relationship.
- Proficient with SolidWorks preferred.
- Adobe Suite proficiency preferred.
Full-Time: Monday thru Friday; 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Physical Demands: • Light physical effort required. Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility. Environment: • This job operates in a professional office environment.
Desired Skills | Accomplishments
5+ years’ experience in engineering of refrigeration units within a manufacturing framework. Resumes may be submitted to email@example.com, however applications must still be filled out in person at Filtrine's office on 15 Kit St., Keene, NH.